Wednesday 28 January 2009

Teaching practice

Now, teaching practice is a difficult topic for me. When I started KJO I didn't have any plans to be a teacher. I was open to that possibility, though not sure. There was a moment when I thought that being a teacher was not so bad. I even thought that I might do it in the future. But when I started teaching during my teaching practice I changed my mind. I came to realise that I am not equipped with the qualities of a good teacher. I am too introvert and shy. I don't have this inner energy that some have. I find the situation of teaching quite unnatural. This is the most important reason why I don't want to be a teacher. Of course, the question of money plays an important role as well. I want to earn enough so that I could buy myself a washing machine, car, TV, or other things people usually have. I don't want to think about surviving a month with the amount of money I have. I want to be able to save some money so as to go for a trip, buy something nice, or help my future children the way my parents help me now. So, I guess that teaching won't be my future job, unless I'll have no idea for life and I'll be too afraid to do something unusal, something I really want. I hope it will not happen...

1 comment:

Monika said...

I wish you strength, perseverance and courage to follow your dreams! Find a job which will be both satisfying and profitable ;)