Thursday 26 March 2009

Obama

I have just watched the news and I learned that Obama uses the Internet to talk with Americans. They send him some questions and Obama answers them. It is true that he doesn't answer all the questions but only the "right" ones, but still it is a kind of step ahead. I can't imagine our president doing something like this. I remember that from the very beginning I have been supporting Obama, and I still do. For me it was incredible that a balck man got so high in a country which had racial segregation 40 years ago. Well, it is definitely a huge change. But on the other hand, these events made me sad, because I knew that something like that could never happen in Poland. I can't understand why so many people are still prejudiced against different races, believes, styles of lives. I have this impression that Polish people stucked at a certain moment of development, especially mental development, and somehow we refuse to move on. But the situation In the USA is quite different, and Obama is the most obvious sign of it. I don't know why, but I believe this man and put a great deal of hope in him. To be honest, I trust in him more that in our president. I don't think that our president cares about us. But Obama... somehow he is different. He is younger, his ideas are fresh, he is full of enthusiasm and strength, and his views are acceptable for me. Well, time will show whether I am not too naive.

1 comment:

AgataL said...

That post is very late, but worth waiting for :) I agree that President Obama's style couldn't be more different from our president's. But saying that Poles are not developing mentally is probably taking things a bit too far. As for political and social development, we will see in the nearest presidential elections if we have learned anything and moved forward. I truly hope we have.