Thursday 26 March 2009

Time travel

Version 1 (quite probable)
I wake up at 7 o'clock in the morning. It's Thursday. Bartek, my husband, is laying next to me, and he's still asleep. I try to be quite so as not to wake him up. I get up and go to the bathroom. I take a quick shower. Then I eat my breakfast, drink coffee and prepare to leave for my work. I am a teacher at primary school, and today I have five lessons to conduct. I grab my purse and keys and leave the flat. I lock the door, and head towards the lift. I enter the lift, press the button P, which stands for "parter", and go down. When I'm on the grond floor and I leave the lift and go out. It's spring already, but the sun is not shining today. Even when it is in the sky it rarely shines in this neighbourhood of Poznań, full of high block of fltas. Generally, nature does not exist in this world made of concrete. Trying not to look around this ugly place I head towards my car. It's a New Beatle - I like it very much. I out the engine on and I leave join the other cars on the main road. As always, there is a traffic jam at this hour, but I have already got used to it. After 15 minutes of ride I am in the car park in front of the school where I teach. However, before I leave the car I sit therefor a minute in silence and I think about the rest of my day. Here it is: 5 lessons untill 1 pm, going back home, making a lunch, cleaning, waiting for Bartek, making him a dinner, preparing for tommowrow's day at work, having a bath, going to bed. Hey, wait a minute. Isn't that EXACTLY what I did yesterday? And day before yesterday, and week ago, and two weeks ago, and month ago? How old I am already? I am 28, and I'm spending every day in exactly the same way. What the hell? How did this happen? When did I give up? NO. This is not my life.

Version 2 (less probable)
I wake up with the first rays of a rising sun. Where am I? If I only knew. All I know is that I am in the USA and this night I spent with my boyfriend Bartek in the tent. I am starving, so I'm looking for some food in my backpack. I find two apples, half loaf of bread and some cheese. I make sandwiches and I wake Bartek up. He is smiling at me. I love his smile. This is the smile of a man who thinks "I am happy and grateful that you made into what I am today". We eat our small but extremely delicious breakfast. Than we wash ourselves in a pond next to our tent, and we change our clothes. When we're ready we pack up the tent and our things. We get on our bikes and we go straight ahead... we don't know where...

No comments: